Daily Duties Reports to ☑ Integrator
Special Projects Reports to ☑ CFO and CPA
Responsible for ☑ Office, IT, Finance & HR Administration Duties
1. Engagement; caring about the future of CPHort and being willing to invest discretionary effort in the success of our Mission: To be the most trusted partner caring for the outdoor environments of those we serve. We shall achieve this by consistently doing the little things exceptionally well while living daily our core values of Honesty, Integrity, and Faith. You must embrace the reality that how you approach your role has a direct impact on the success of CPHort. This requires adopting an attitude of service and gratitude to both internal and external clients/vendors, being very detail-oriented, being a high-energy performer with a sense of “can-do” grit and perseverance. Our mission and standards are too important for anything less.
2. Drive; highly data-driven with the skills to implement, manage, and improve upon database systems and workflow systems within CPHort. Consistently being on the lookout for trends and opportunities for improvement and eliminating waste and making data-based decisions for improvement suggestions. Maturity to identify, prioritize, and pursue actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results within allotted time frames. Initiates activities toward goals with a sense of urgency. Having an entrepreneurial spirit to figure out how to say “yes” to make things possible.
3. Attitude of Excellence; an inherent desire to make CPHort the best of the best. Must be able to accurately and passionately articulate CPHort’s mission to others. Ability to come to work on time and on a daily basis. Ability to work flexible schedule hours for special projects requiring deadline constraints. Being resilient to quickly recover from adversity, move past unforeseen obstacles without unnecessary delay, recover quickly from personal setbacks, and handle constructive criticism from others with objectivity.
Core Role Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understands, implements, and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Thoroughly familiar with applicable procedures for all departments.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and achievement of the company’s annual budget goals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s business development plan.
- Development and implementation of the company’s training goals for their department.
- Supervises/oversees all HR functions.
- Supervises/oversees all accounting functions including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, PR, Job Costing, etc.
- Supervises/oversees all administrative functions.
- Ensures compliance with and records local, state, and federal tax requirements/payments.
- Ensures compliance with workers’ compensation insurance reporting procedures.
- Maintains office supplies, policies, and procedures.
- Writes, maintains, and updates SOPs for the department.
- Oversees and ensures that all bookkeeping tasks are completed on schedule with 100% accuracy.
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of all personnel records and reports.
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of all personnel payroll records.
- Ensures that external accounting resources receive all data, paperwork, and information from the field on a timely basis.
- Ensures that job-cost reports are completed on a timely basis and disseminated appropriately.
- Oversees the researching, evaluating, and implementation of company IT systems and software.
- Coordinates with company CPA to prepare financials and taxes for quarterly and year-end.
- Reviews and renews company insurance policies annually.
- Reviews and renews company bonding policies annually.
- Coordinates with finance lenders regarding all bank matters (line of credit, financing of vehicles and equipment, credit card processing, payroll processing, etc.).
- Projects cash flow needs and prepares cash flow budgets.
- Oversees hiring needed staff.
- Schedules and coordinates annual corporate meeting with attorney and preparation of minutes for said meeting.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with an information technology (IT) background, or equivalent.
- Preferably have a bachelor’s degree.
- Has or will acquire Public Notary certification.
- Have extensive experience in HR-related areas.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, budgeting, information technology (IT) and cloud-based systems, Quick Books, and/or current accounting systems.
- Proficient in typing and capable of typing 50 WPM with fewer than three mistakes.
- Able to create an atmosphere of cooperation and professionalism.
- Able to negotiate and interact effectively with external company teams such as lenders, CPAs, bonding companies, insurance companies, etc.
- Displays mature leadership qualities and is a high-performance individual capable of building and maintaining a high-performance team that requires minimal supervision.
- Displays an understanding of the business systems and IT requirements necessary to run the company.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand and manage the minute details of his/her department.
- Able to effectively network with an external company team to include: CPAs, attorneys, bankers, consultants, peers, professional associations, educators, etc.
- Able to analyze, understand and implement appropriate business and finance systems.
- Able to coordinate with, take direction from, and effectively implement CEO and CFO directives.
- Understands accounting and tax requirements as they pertain to the organization.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Enjoys helping others.
- Displays a positive, “can-do” demeanor avoiding gossip.
- Encourages, assists, and supports fellow staff members.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Desires to grow professionally and seeks to improve their personal skill set.
- Understands the value of technology and embraces it.
- Seeks out other professionals with whom to network.
- Is punctual and energetic.
- Accepts and appreciates correctional input/feedback from fellow staff members and the Integrator.
- Enjoys working with and contributing to a team.
- Maintains high professional standards for neatness, discipline, self-control, and organization.
- Majority of work day shall be spent working independently within office work station/cubical
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Excellent stamina is required
- The typical start of the workday shall be no later than 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday
Please Note: This role description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed above. CPHort reserves the right to revise this role description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Continued employment remains on an “at-will”