We are seeking a detail-oriented, high-energy performer with exceptional customer service skills and personal drive who works well in a team environment.
A designer/estimator and salesperson must be thoroughly familiar with designing all aspects of landscape construction including site analysis, grading, drainage, plant selection, and placement, hardscape (patios, walkways, decks, barbecues, gazebos, etc.), water features, lighting, etc.; and be able to design the same using digital software. Our designers/estimators and salespersons must have excellent analytical as well as aesthetic skills, be able to do take-offs, provide excellent customer service and support and establish long-term relationships. Our designers/estimators and salespersons monitor the installation of landscape and irrigation projects on a daily basis and interface with clients and alliance partners. Our designers /estimators and salespersons will also interface with the company’s Production, Sales, and Administration personnel. The desired candidate will have proven skills in both estimating and sales.
- Possess a minimum of three years of design experience with landscape design software or equivalent
- Have a minimum of an associate’s degree (preferably in the Green Industry).
- Hold a current Designer/Estimator, and Salesperson license or certification, if applicable, or be in pursuance of such certification
- Provide a sample portfolio of designs
- Able to conduct thorough site analysis.
- Able to analyze drainage and grading requirements.
- Able to calculate related quantities for soil import/export requirements.
- Able to do take-offs for related designs.
- Able to design quickly and efficiently.
- Able to translate designs into working drawings/documents for field personnel.
- Outstanding oral and written communication.
- Proficient in Cloud-based Productivity Suites (ie. Google Workspace).
- Proficient in or able to learn customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Proficient in or able to learn to use the company’s estimating software (LMN – Landscape Management Network)
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner
- Possess a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on the company’s insurance policy.
- Have a clean criminal record.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- An active member of the Illinois Landscape Contractor’s Association (ILCA).
- Proficient in or able to learn digital measuring/aerial imaging (www.gotoilawn.com and/or Google Earth) software.
- Design, estimate, and sell a sufficient portfolio to cover employee overhead cost recovery
- Interfaces with the client and ensures that all of the client’s concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Establishes design budgets and deadlines for clients.
- Collect down payments/retainers for design from clients.
- Designs project.
- Continually informs and updates client as to design progress or lack thereof.
- Presents final design.
- Conducts site visits and ensures the project is produced as designed and according to client expectations, with appropriate materials.
- Analyzes and approves all change orders.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with company policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and achievement of the company’s annual budget goals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s marketing plan.
- Continuing education requirement: as it pertains to NALP Design Certifications.